Saturday, March 7, 2009

Assisted Suicide

Found this on CNN.com today, http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/03/06/uk.assisted.suicide/index.html

The story basically is two elder cancer victims chose to go abroad and find someone who would help them kill themselves. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Is it wrong? I dont think so. There is something beautiful and empowering about this story. They went together and chose where and when. I am going to say I support their decision, I think that the trillion dollar industry of trying to keep people alive is wrong. Were all going to die, I'd like to be the one who decides when I go. I think the Romans had it right, if you attempt suicide and fail they'd kill ya. Maybe people who attempt suicide just to get attention would think twice. Why not allow people to choose to die? It is truly the ultimate freedom, the government and medicine does not have the right to force us to live. Why do doctors want us to live as long as possible? The answer is obviously money, the industry generates massive amounts of money.
Allowing assisted suicide would take money out of the pockets of the health care industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Speech, Use It or Lose It!